Eastward is a beautiful, detailed and charming adventure game that is developed by Shanghai-based indie studio Pixpil.
In the near future, society is on the brink of demise. A lethal toxin has spread throughout the world, destroying and devouring everything in its path. However, an underground miner and a young woman with mysterious powers begin to embrace the hope that they can lead a prosperous life on the outside.
Escape the tyrannical clutches of Potcrock Isle's subway society and join Eastward's atypical duo of protagonists on a fascinating adventure to the outside world! Discover settlements as beautiful as they are strange and make new friends as you travel the world by train.
- Discover the strange and wonderful world of Eastward. Climb aboard a railroad that travels across the ravaged continent and stop to explore its teeming villages, curious encampments and shadowy forests.
- Take on peculiar monsters and ferocious final bosses with John's favorite weapon, whether it's a flamethrower, a gear launcher... or your trusty frying pan. Do you feel sorry for your opponents? Then temporarily stun them with Sam's kinetic blast.
- Control John and Sam to solve environmental puzzles and overcome formidable dungeons, either by splitting up to open hidden paths or by sticking together to traverse dangerous landscapes.
- Meet a quirky cast of characters with very different personalities and immerse yourself in this charming narrative adventure filled with fun and quirky humor.
- Create delicious dishes of authentic Eastward cuisine, with (mostly) fresh, organic ingredients from toxic forests, crab farms and abandoned shopping malls. These delicacies will grant you health bonuses, strength boosts and secret perks.
- Travel in the company of a wonderful soundtrack composed by Joel Corelitz (Death Stranding, Hohokum, The Unfinished Swan) and sound design by Irish studio Hyperduck Soundworks (Dust: An Elysian Tail, Kingdom Rush).