Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath features a unique hybrid viewpoint that the player switches between first and third person at will, depending on their situation. First person for combat situations, third person for world traversal.
Who ever heard of a bounty hunter that doesn’t like guns? You can play through the game as a pacifist, capturing enemies and tying them up for greater rewards. Stranger himself is a troubled character, with a mysterious secret and an uncompromising approach to his mission. His Western aesthetic and dry wit make him an endearing character but he has no desire to be your friend - there’s a job to do!
A bounty hunter who refuses to use guns needs an alternative. Stranger’s solution is to round up various types of critters and launch them at his enemies from his crossbow. Some types are angry little balls of fur and teeth, others are electrified, pack stingers, hit with a thud or have various other painful forms of punishment for Stranger’s unfortunate bounty.
- Unique switching viewpoint between first and third person
- Innovative mix of shooter, platformer and puzzle genres
- Compelling central character
- Endearing supporting cast
- Live Ammo system of hunting critters to use as ammunition
- Pacifist style gameplay is rewarded with higher bounties
Great on Nintendo Switch
- Load times are practically instant between areas
- Gyroscopic aim controls mean the player can make fine adjustments to their aiming using the motion controls of the Switch
- New graphics renderer makes the game look best on Switch
- 60fps, at native resolutions
- Modernised (optional) first person controls
- Features a 12 hour average play time for the main story, with an additional 5-7 hours for all the extra content.
- Releases: Digital January 23rd / Physical editions Q1 2020