Recapture the thrill of exploration, the thrill of adventure, and the thrill of leading your own band of adventurers across a new fantasy realm and into the depths of monster-infested dungeons in search of lost treasures and ancient mysteries. You'll face countless dangers in dungeons, both horrifying and mysteriously beautiful, that seem to be painted rather than constructed. Your travels will take you across the frontiers of the Dyrwood, to the great port city of Defiance Bay, and into legendary dungeons like the sanity-bending corridors of Od Nua and the ancient spiritual prison of Breith Eaman.
To create this incredible new fantasy world, Obsidian is lucky to have Josh Sawyer (Fallout: New Vegas, Icewind Dale), Tim Cain (Temple of Elemental Evil, Vampire: The Masquerade), and Chris Avellone (Planescape: Torment, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords) all on hand to lend their talents.
So gather your party, venture forth, and embrace adventure as you recapture the wonder, the nostalgia, and the thrill of classic RPGs with Obsidian’s Project Eternity!
- Choose to play as one of the six playable races: Human, Aumaua, Dwarf, Elf, Godlike, and Orlan
- Build a character as one of the eleven unique classes available: Barbarian, Chanter, Cipher, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Ranger, Rogue, and Wizard
- Adventure with interesting companions - each with their own story to tell and explore or...
- Construct your own six person adventuring party to uncover the world of Pillars of Eternity.
- Learn scores of spells and abilities.
- Find hundreds of arcane weapons, armors, and artifacts.
- Level up your party to gain more skills, abilities, spells, and power.
- Enjoy Pillars of Eternity's beautiful, pre-rendered environments.
- Become engrossed in strategic combat which requires careful use of ally placement, spells, and abilities.
- Explore the hundreds of areas that make up Pillars of Eternity's world: Cities, Dungeons, Crypts, Ruins, and Other Rich Environments
- Utilize the five core skills to take on any situation the game throws your way: Stealth, Athletics, Lore, Mechanics, and Survival
- Create weapons, armor, magical enhancements, potions, and consumables using the crafting system.
- Unlock new areas, hidden items, adventuring opportunities and other bonuses in the player's Stronghold.
- Side with various factions that populate the world using a robust Reputation system where conversations and actions have consequences.