Oddworld: Soulstorm is an even bigger, darker and bolder sequel to the popular action-adventure platformer series, and the second installment in the pentalogy following Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty. This new installment focuses on the evolution of the rebellion started in the previous episode. Players will step into the shoes of Abe, a reluctant mudokon hero who has unwittingly started a revolution and must now lead his comrades in their fight for freedom against the Magog Cartel and world leaders.
Abe will have to fight for his survival against the corrupt rulers of the world, who have considerable financial resources to establish their authority. His adversaries plan to use every means at their disposal to suppress the opposition, from propaganda to brute force and even biology.
Try to unlock the secret of Abe's fate and free his 1,000 fellow Mudokons. Or fail, and see the entire Mudokon species eradicated.
Explore stunning large-scale 2.9D environments and scour every inch for resources. Craft weapons, equip your Mudokons, solve puzzles and free your companions.
• An action-adventure platformer - The title adds RPG elements and offers more freedom to players, allowing them to play aggressively or passively.
• Narrative - A dark story with a wry sense of humor about the human condition.
• 2.9D Environment - The game features large-scale epic environments to explore this universe, rather than being limited to traditional side-scrolling platforming gameplay.
• Quarma (think Karma) - Reflects your actions in the game. This Quarma will influence Abe, his fellow Mudokons, their abilities and your score throughout the game.
• Act like a looter: stealthily pick the pockets of your enemies, loot lockers and rummage through containers to collect resources. Trade them in the vending machines to get new goods.
• Crafting - Use salvaged resources and products obtained from vending machines to create items.
• Strength in numbers - The more Mudokons you save, the more powerful your revolt will be. It is also up to you to decide whether they should behave aggressively or passively.
• Duration - The first game takes about 15 hours to complete. Trophy hunters and perfectionists will have dozens of hours to play.
• Leaderboards - All levels feature a scoring system, leaderboards, achievements and badges.