Verdun is the first multiplayer FPS with a realistic setting in the First World War. The ruthless battles in the trenches offer a unique combat experience: plunge your squad into intense battles and alternate attack and defense.
The game takes place on the Western Front, between 1914 and 1918, in one of the bloodiest conflicts in history. The developers were inspired by the infamous Battle of Verdun, which took place in 1916.
The game offers 4 different game modes: Battle Fronts, Attrition, Rifle Deathmatch, and Squad Defense. The game's historical accuracy can be seen in many features: realistic WWI weaponry, authentic uniforms, gruesome violence, and maps based on authentic battlefields in France and Belgium.
The Battlefronts game mode has a unique tactical complexity. Realistic trenches are a challenging environment to fight, and some tactical cunning is required to both capture and defend them. The Triple Entente and the Central Powers fight to gain control of the sectors of the battlefront. In some battles you will find yourself quickly attacking enemy borders in an offensive action to gain ground, in others you may be defending recently gained territory from a fierce counterattack.
Players can join one of the many platoon types in the game; each bestows its own distinctive tactical roles. By working as a team with your friends you can gain experience, which improves the power and versatility of your squad. As you gain more fighting experience and rise through the ranks, you will also earn career points, which are used to unlock specializations, weapons, and equipment.
In the Attrition game mode, the Entente and the Central Powers fight each other in a single combat. Each side has a number of reinforcements that represents the number of troops they have. When a player dies and respawns, their side loses a reinforcement. When one side runs out of reinforcements, its members cannot respawn. The last side standing wins!
Rifle Deathmatch mode is a free-for-all where players battle each other in a frenzied competition of skill using only bolt-action rifles.
In Squad Defense mode, the player and three squadmates will have to defend a position for as long as they can against endless waves of AI-controlled attackers.
- Realistic WWI Gameplay - Realistic weaponry, realistic bullet physics, skill-based gun handling, violence, poison gas and claustrophobic gas masks, gruesome violence and artillery bombardment.
- Platoon Tactical FPS - Unique Platoon Progress System, Different Platoon Types, Roles, and Voice Chat.
- Authentic Trench Combat - Real-time dynamic battlefront, momentum-based attacks and counterattacks.
- Authentic setting in the First World War: typical musical style of the period, battlefields set on the Western Front.
- Challenging game modes: Battlefront to play in teams, Attrition for the most tactical, Deathmatch with rifles to test your skill and Squad Defense to try to survive the most desperate situations.